Friday, July 11, 2008

the need to record

I remember as a teenager asking her what she remembered about that time in her life. And it always struck me as odd that she never remembered very many details. I would think to myself about all the experiences I was having and thinking that I would never forget them. But now at 27 with my 10 year reunion quickly approaching I am finding it harder and harder to remember the stories of my youth. Thankfully I journaled often during that time, however since I started college I have become lax in recording the events of my life. So in effort to have a record stronger than my memory I am making a commitment to journal more often.

So to start with now, I am 27 as stated before, already getting some gray hairs, hard to believe. I always coveted my mothers gray streak when I was young, I thought it would be fun because I could dye it all kinds of colors. Well now I am getting gray but no localized like her streak mine is pretty much evenly proportioned over my head. :) I have married the man of my dreams, litterally. Its hard to believe that over so many years and so much heart ache that God has healed our relationship and has brought us together. I would never have believed it before. But I am greatful.

When I think of where I thought I would be now verses where I am, I honestly can't remember much. I do remember thinking at 16 that I wanted to travel and do business I also thought I would never get married. I remember telling my little boyfriend at the time that I didn't just want to settle down and have a normal life. I guess that part has never changed. There has always been this burning desire in me maybe even a fear of just settling. I can think of so many senarios where I remember being presented with a choice that underneath was really a question of settling or of moving forward. Those same scenarios still happen now just the same as before and as I have grown older it seems easier to settle but at the same time my reasons for not settling is not just fear of the unknown but not wanting to give up on the dreams I have.

1 Comments:

Blogger mrtony said...

You suck at consistently journalling. Hahaha!

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home